Lonely Moonkin Bar & Grill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two drink minimum: see the Shaman for details.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Damn! Mags you better watch this! (And any UFC fans)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Deadhades
Sloshed
Sloshed
Deadhades

Damn! Mags you better watch this! (And any UFC fans) Empty
PostSubject: Damn! Mags you better watch this! (And any UFC fans)   Damn! Mags you better watch this! (And any UFC fans) EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 6:31 pm

I'm so gonna buy this game when it comes out. Its amazing how it 'seems' as if you can do pretty much anything.
Back to top Go down
Deadhades
Sloshed
Sloshed
Deadhades

PostSubject: Re: Damn! Mags you better watch this! (And any UFC fans)   Damn! Mags you better watch this! (And any UFC fans) EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 7:25 pm

On the other side, interesting bit of news too.

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/8360494/The-secret's-out:-Fedor's-the-best-MMA-has
Back to top Go down
Mags
Orcish Car Bomb
Orcish Car Bomb
Mags

PostSubject: Re: Damn! Mags you better watch this! (And any UFC fans)   Damn! Mags you better watch this! (And any UFC fans) EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 11:59 pm

Man, the graphics look really incredible on that. They seem to have done a great job of capturing personalities, stances, moves, etc. I'd love to see exactly the depth to which moves can be executed, and how submissions, special moves, that sort of thing work. My only concern is that I've really always hated wrestling games. I never saw the point, the matches seemed to go on forever even though the guys were pummeling each other, thats what I see in this, I don't have a recommendation on how to make it fun to see guys avoid getting hit, but most of these fighters hit so hard that one punch=lights out. I mean, except for Forrest Griffin.

Did you see the Anderson Silva fight this past weekend? Holy fucking Moses did he destroy that guy, or what?
Back to top Go down
Deadhades
Sloshed
Sloshed
Deadhades

PostSubject: Re: Damn! Mags you better watch this! (And any UFC fans)   Damn! Mags you better watch this! (And any UFC fans) EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:11 pm

The what? The fight or the one punch that was the beginning/end of round 1, lol. Yeah it was pretty amazing. I'm also downloading the Affliction thing to see the fight between Fedor and Sylvia.

About the game, I was seriously impressed with the graphics and the motion of the characters. I remember talking to some friends at work about it and my biggest concern being how exactly are they gonna be able to pull off such a game? I mean, they literally have to give you the freedom to do anything at any particular time.

I liked how the switched from 1/2 guard to side guard to full guard all looked like. Also, how whoever was using Rampage was able to slam Forrest when he was trying to go for the arm-bar.

All in all, they're taking a lot of time with the game so hopefully it'll be a great one. I've also had that thing with fighting/wrestling games post-Mortal Kombat III era in which I just get bored of them. But this one looks really exciting and the addition to play online should be great too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damn! Mags you better watch this! (And any UFC fans)   Damn! Mags you better watch this! (And any UFC fans) Empty

Back to top Go down

Damn! Mags you better watch this! (And any UFC fans)
Page 1 of 1