Lonely Moonkin Bar & Grill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two drink minimum: see the Shaman for details.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

For Mags, UFC84

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Deadhades
Sloshed
Sloshed
Deadhades

For Mags, UFC84 Empty
PostSubject: For Mags, UFC84   For Mags, UFC84 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 6:58 pm

Just WOW......

That was simply amazing. Who will even beat GSP? What weight class is the Machida guy? I know he's fighting Tito Ortiz soon so I'm guessing a higher weight class than GSP.

Last edited by Deadhades on Tue May 27, 2008 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mags
Orcish Car Bomb
Orcish Car Bomb
Mags

For Mags, UFC84 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Mags, UFC84   For Mags, UFC84 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 7:46 pm

Deadhades wrote:
Just WOW......

That was simply amazing. Who will even beat GSP? What weight class is the Machida guy? I know he's fighting Tito Ortiz soon so I'm guessing a higher weight class than GSP.

Machida is a LHW(205) guy. So he'd be getting a title shot against the winner of the Rampage vs. Forrest Griffin match-up should he get a win against Tito Ortiz. That's just my guess though.

At this point, nobody in the Welterweight class can handle GSP. Thiago Alves will be the next to get a shot at him if he can beat Matt Hughes at UFC 85.

I really enjoyed the Michael Bisping fight, he looks like a much better fighter at 185 than he did at 205. Also, the way that Rich Franklin rolled out of the Travis Lutter arm bar was incredible. I've never seen anything like that before. I thought for sure that match was over.
Back to top Go down
Deadhades
Sloshed
Sloshed
Deadhades

For Mags, UFC84 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Mags, UFC84   For Mags, UFC84 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 6:20 pm

Mags wrote:
Deadhades wrote:
Just WOW......

Machida is a LHW(205) guy. So he'd be getting a title shot against the winner of the Rampage vs. Forrest Griffin match-up should he get a win against Tito Ortiz. That's just my guess though.

At this point, nobody in the Welterweight class can handle GSP. Thiago Alves will be the next to get a shot at him if he can beat Matt Hughes at UFC 85.

I really enjoyed the Michael Bisping fight, he looks like a much better fighter at 185 than he did at 205. Also, the way that Rich Franklin rolled out of the Travis Lutter arm bar was incredible. I've never seen anything like that before. I thought for sure that match was over.

Yeah, I also thought Bisping looked great and the move Franklin did was amazing as well.

Hey I was talking to some friends at work the other day and they mention a guy named Fedor and all the drama. So I looked up some videos of him on youtube and damn.
Back to top Go down
Deadhades
Sloshed
Sloshed
Deadhades

For Mags, UFC84 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Mags, UFC84   For Mags, UFC84 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 3:56 pm

Overall,

Thought the Machida fight was boring as hell but then again that's his style of fight. Silva's fight was wicked and I hated the fact that BJ Penn won and had the balls to call out GSP!? Man, GSP oughta fly from Canada and beat his ass.

Did you see the debut of Palhassen (I think)? Nice moves, old contender but might be exciting to see how he develops.
Back to top Go down
Mags
Orcish Car Bomb
Orcish Car Bomb
Mags

For Mags, UFC84 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Mags, UFC84   For Mags, UFC84 EmptyThu May 29, 2008 12:08 am

I actually kind of like the way Lyoto Machida fights. Usually he's much more easily able to batter someone into giving up and then he gets a submission. He was just really worried about going to the ground with Tito, and rightly so. The knee that he dropped into Tito's liver was fucking awesome though, I wish he'd been able to finish the fight from there.
I don't understand BJ's obsession with fighting at anything other than lightweight. His frame is made for it, and when he fights at higher weights he doesn't have the strength or the cardio, he just gets fat and goes with it. That fight was damned good though too. He and GSP would be a fun matchup, but not as fun as if GSP moved up to middleweight after he demolishes John Fitch and goes toe-to-toe with Anderson Silva.
Wanderlei...what can I say, I just hope it means he's back. And i'm really not a Jardine fan. I think he's kind of racist. He pissed off Houston Alexander somehow and my guess is that was it...

There were so many good fights that night, I don't remember the other ones very clearly, and it's tough to hear anything at the bar that I go to for the matches. The fights on the 7th don't intrigue me much at all. EliteXC and WEC both have events this weekend on regular cable, so i'm pretty excited about that. Urijah Faber is a lot of fun to watch.

-Mags

Last edited by Mags on Thu May 29, 2008 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : poor speeelling.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

For Mags, UFC84 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Mags, UFC84   For Mags, UFC84 Empty

Back to top Go down

For Mags, UFC84
Page 1 of 1