Lonely Moonkin Bar & Grill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two drink minimum: see the Shaman for details.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord

Go down 
+3
Spazalus
Ryz
Mags
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mags
Orcish Car Bomb
Orcish Car Bomb
Mags

Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord Empty
PostSubject: Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord   Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 1:32 am

As Drey and I have no jobs, we have been adventuring in the Star Wars universe(KOTOR 2) under aliases. Mine is Dwight K. Schrute, and I am a merciless killer. More to come...
Back to top Go down
Ryz
Admin
Admin
Ryz

PostSubject: Re: Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord   Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 2:00 am

KOTOR1>>>Mass Effect>KOTOR2
Back to top Go down
https://moonkinbargrill.darkbb.com
Spazalus
Tanked
Tanked
Spazalus

PostSubject: Re: Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord   Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 3:17 am

Wow, my friend was just quoting that tonight with a towel on her head.

Dwight: "What am I?"
Phylis: "I don't know, a monk?"
Dwight:"No! I'm a Sith Lord; cost me $103 for this costume."
Back to top Go down
Ryz
Admin
Admin
Ryz

PostSubject: Re: Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord   Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 4:06 am

O.o
Back to top Go down
Deadhades
Sloshed
Sloshed
Deadhades

PostSubject: Re: Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord   Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 11:15 am

Ryz wrote:
KOTOR1>>>Mass Effect>KOTOR2

Found them all equally boring.
Back to top Go down
Ryz
Admin
Admin
Ryz

PostSubject: Re: Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord   Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 12:22 pm

Heathen.
Back to top Go down
Martholorax
Sloshed
Sloshed
Martholorax

PostSubject: Re: Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord   Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 5:54 pm

I've only played KOTOR 2 out of those. And well i found it to be horrendously buggy. Kept having to save, and use new saves each time, every 30 mins or so as the game would fatal error or NPCs wouldn't spawn to continue the storyline and such. I want to try mass effect, just haven't gotten it yet.
Back to top Go down
Ryz
Admin
Admin
Ryz

PostSubject: Re: Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord   Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 6:46 pm

Yeah, KOTOR2 was a complete mess, both in terms of bugs and the sheer amount of cut content to make the deadline.

Mass Effect is short but pretty entertaining. I've been enjoying it. (Vanguard/Nemesis spec + shotguns + singularity bonus = "Darth Vader With a Shotgun" class <3)
Back to top Go down
Mags
Orcish Car Bomb
Orcish Car Bomb
Mags

PostSubject: Re: Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord   Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 2:19 am

KOTOR 2 is a buggy mess. I loved the original, and I love making decisions in a game wherein I get to save people, or I get to treat them like crap. Thus, Dwight was born (Also Drey had just made "Angela", and I had recently watched the Halloween episode in which Dwight dresses up as a Sith Lord). This thread has become about the quality of a particular game, when in fact it was originally intended to be a chronicle of Schrute-struction being visited upon the innocents of Nar Shadaa, Telos, Onderon(?), and some moon.

A short report:

I have tried to spend the first 15 or so levels wielding only a crossbow. I found it a fitting weapon, but in the end, it might as well be firing spitballs. I needed to up the ante, so I made myself a purple lightsaber. Many of you may think of this as fruity. I choose to think of it as regal. I choose to think of Dwight thinking of it as a necessary deception, veiling ultimate power in a color that it is not generally associated with. I wish the death animations were more gruesome. Maybe throw in some of that Fable-style head-popping-off type of carnage. Mose would approve if I hadn't fed him to HK-47.

Cheers.

<3 Mags
Back to top Go down
Ammiravus
Sloshed
Sloshed
Ammiravus

PostSubject: Re: Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord   Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 2:58 am

<-hasn't played any of them.
Just seen some kotor played before.
Back to top Go down
Ryz
Admin
Admin
Ryz

PostSubject: Re: Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord   Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 2:23 pm

Damnit Ammi, go dig through the bargain bins for the original kotor at least!

And Mags...I love you.
Back to top Go down
Dreydier
Proprietor
Proprietor
Dreydier

PostSubject: Re: Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord   Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 2:38 pm

I finished the game last night, celebrate!

Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord Avatar
Back to top Go down
Ryz
Admin
Admin
Ryz

PostSubject: Re: Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord   Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 4:21 pm

Oh, WTF...
Back to top Go down
Dreydier
Proprietor
Proprietor
Dreydier

PostSubject: Re: Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord   Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 11:03 am

Ryz wrote:
Oh, WTF...

Is this cause I played through the game? Anyhoo it wasn't as bad as you made it out to be. Just didn't have much to it. I also I didn't experience any bugs really.
Back to top Go down
Mags
Orcish Car Bomb
Orcish Car Bomb
Mags

PostSubject: Re: Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord   Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 12:49 am

It occurred to me this evening that despite my talents with a lightsaber, I am not causing enough havoc, and/or damage. I would like for KOTOR to be the type of game where I can attack anyone if I so choose. Kind of like Elder Scrolls, but with more dominant powers. My Force Storm power combined with the stun of the Force Push AoE(I'm forgetting the name), makes the game a complete joke. I'm clearing out entire rooms full of Sith whosewhatsit's without really breaking the pace of whatever conversation I am having IRL. I don't attribute this to my skills as a gamer so much as the KOTOR programmers lack of having their heads up their asses.. Suffice to say that this game is poorly balanced. I will put it out there that I have made a light side character to combat the dirty feeling of playing someone from the dark side. It didn't take long before I was taking the easy road and just nuking the shit out of everyone. Fuck re-terraforming a broken planet, just pay me and I'll kill those shmoes who are trying your patience. Really, I'm not a bad person IRL, I just think this game is borderline too boring to be played through a second time(what with the cut scenes that can't be skipped and the load screens that sometimes don't make it all the way through). I will murder my way to a different ending if necessary.

<3 Mags

P.S. The "dark side" ending sucks rectum.
Back to top Go down
Dreydier
Proprietor
Proprietor
Dreydier

PostSubject: Re: Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord   Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 8:48 am

Mags found something out on his own! Yay!
Back to top Go down
Ryz
Admin
Admin
Ryz

PostSubject: Re: Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord   Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 12:12 pm

Mags gets a gold star sticker! YAY!
Back to top Go down
Ammiravus
Sloshed
Sloshed
Ammiravus

PostSubject: Re: Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord   Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 12:45 pm

I'm to busy to try and play KOTOR nowadays.
And it always looked boring to me.
Back to top Go down
Deadhades
Sloshed
Sloshed
Deadhades

PostSubject: Re: Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord   Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 2:21 pm

Ammiravus wrote:
I'm to busy to try and play KOTOR nowadays.
And it always looked boring to me.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Deadhades
Sloshed
Sloshed
Deadhades

PostSubject: Re: Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord   Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 2:26 pm

Dreydier wrote:

Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord Avatar

God that's too funny.

But then again, it gives me a picture (specially the little kid with the black shirt who thinks he's a badass) of why there are so many assholes on Xbox live whose favorite words are the N and the F.

I wonder what MSFT does about those tons and tons of complaints I've filed.

Sorry. Random rant.
Back to top Go down
Ryz
Admin
Admin
Ryz

PostSubject: Re: Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord   Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 2:44 pm

That's exactly what I thought of, Dead.
Back to top Go down
Mags
Orcish Car Bomb
Orcish Car Bomb
Mags

PostSubject: Re: Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord   Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 4:29 pm

WTF is "Mags found something out on his own" supposed to mean.

Anyway, I was playing my light side character the other day. I'd just finished the part on Telos at the polar ice cap, I'm triumphantly entering the Ebon Hawk for the first time, when the game makes what I can only think to call an "e-fart", and then loads a black screen. There is music, there are footsteps when I move, but all I get is Stevie Wonder-vision. This sucks for a few reasons, mostly it sucks because my last save before this had been the autosave that was deleted, and now I've lost about 3 hours. This also sucks because I was finally getting to the point where I'd have a lightsaber and I would stop hitting like a 5 year old girl swinging a twizzler. This is not the kind of thing that I tolerate well. In response to what I can only interpret as an intentional slap to the face , I cast force storm on the game disc(I put it in the microwave), which I followed up with a force push(I hurled the game out a third story window onto a busy street. Suffice to say, the adventures of Dwight K. Schrute are now gone and forgotten. However, my frustration remains. I believe the only way to subdue it, is to kill the person who convinced me to start playing the game again: Drey. Believe it buddy, I am marking you for death. You sneaky fucker.

<3 Mags

Last edited by Mags on Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ryz
Admin
Admin
Ryz

PostSubject: Re: Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord   Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 5:46 pm

This wouldn't have happened if you played KOTOR1.

Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
Spazalus
Tanked
Tanked
Spazalus

PostSubject: Re: Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord   Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 5:50 pm

Ah, the adventures of Mags.

This should be a tv sitcom.

I would watch it.
Back to top Go down
Deadhades
Sloshed
Sloshed
Deadhades

PostSubject: Re: Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord   Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 6:23 pm

Mags wrote:
I cast force storm on the game disc(I put it in the microwave), which I followed up with a force push(I hurled the game out a third story window onto a busy street. Suffice to say, the adventures of Dwight K. Schrute are now gone and forgotten. However, my frustration remains. I believe the only way to subdue it, is to kill the person who convinced me to start playing the game again: Drey. Believe it buddy, I am marking you for death. You sneaky fucker.

<3 Mags

Well done Mags, well done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord   Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord Empty

Back to top Go down

Dwight K. Schrute...Sith Lord
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lonely Moonkin Bar & Grill :: Guests :: General Admission-
Jump to: