Lonely Moonkin Bar & Grill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two drink minimum: see the Shaman for details.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bud Light?

Go down 
+2
Ammiravus
Mags
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mags
Orcish Car Bomb
Orcish Car Bomb
Mags

Bud Light? Empty
PostSubject: Bud Light?   Bud Light? EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 9:57 pm

Not that I feel my record needs to be further tarnished by a story about Bud Light, but this subject needs further illumination...

Morrisson's for pint night, a collective of some of the silliest people in creation. Men here have chosen to pair Cal T-shirts with Stanford socks. The women folk are few and far between. This is a beer bar on a night that serves beer to beer drinkers on the cheap. I have chosen to have a pint of Blonde Bock(Black Diamond Brewing Co.), followed by many a pint of Bud Light...I am not ashamed. I fear no retribution from the beer gods, so long as internally, I see this beer as a means to an end, moreso than a high quality beer(the means to the end here is a special sort of drunkenness paired with a certain level of acceptable appearance and fitness. I digress...). I am currently about 4 pints deep, this is my wheelhouse, I am only just getting rolling and starting to feel that tingling sensation in my facial region. The waitress is friendly and approaches our table to ask if we need another round:

Waitress: Hey guys, do you need another round?

Adam: I think I could use another few before we go.

Waitress: Laura(the bar tender) wants to know if the Bud Light tastes funny, one of the other customers was complaining about it.

Adam(borderline buzzed, definitely too buzzed to really appreciate the irony of the situation): Really? Um...I guess it might have been a little fish scaled, but I honestly didn't notice anything.

Waitress: He was saying that there was too much CO2 in our mix.

Adam(the irony has now dawned on him): CO2, this guy is drinking Bud Light and he has such a refined palate that he is complaining about CO2?

Adam's dad(much smarter than Adam and having figured the irony of the situation very early on): He's a real connoseiur(how do you spell that word, I've given up on the spell check) this fucking guy. He's having a Bud Light and complaining about how it tastes?

Waitress(Lughing out loud): Yeah, I kind of figured.

Adam: Can we meet this guy? He sounds pretty epic.

Waitress(speaking quietly): Oh, you don't want to meet this guy...

Adam: Fair enough.

5 minutes or so elapse, and the guy at the table next to ours stands up and walks out rather abruptly. Our waitress begins gesturing wildly at me, all while pointing at the gentleman walking out the door, she comes jogging up to our table...

Waitress: That was the guy who was complaining.

Adam: Do you think he heard us(more because I still wanted to meet the man who criticizes a Bud-fucking-light, than because I was worried about offending the man who criticizes a Bud-fucking-light)?

Waitress: Oh he heard us(notice the waitress has chosen to include herself the mockery of the aforementioned "tool". Laura(the bar tender)said to tell you guys: "amen".

Adam: To the father, the son, and the holy toast.

My adventures for the evening in merry ol' Woodland. Much love to all of you.

<3's All around, some more than others.

-Adam "aka Mags"
Back to top Go down
Ammiravus
Sloshed
Sloshed
Ammiravus

Bud Light? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bud Light?   Bud Light? EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 3:16 am

Mags wrote:
Not that I feel my record needs to be further tarnished by a story about Bud Light, but this subject needs further illumination...

Morrisson's for pint night, a collective of some of the silliest people in creation. Men here have chosen to pair Cal T-shirts with Stanford socks. The women folk are few and far between. This is a beer bar on a night that serves beer to beer drinkers on the cheap. I have chosen to have a pint of Blonde Bock(Black Diamond Brewing Co.), followed by many a pint of Bud Light...I am not ashamed. I fear no retribution from the beer gods, so long as internally, I see this beer as a means to an end, moreso than a high quality beer(the means to the end here is a special sort of drunkenness paired with a certain level of acceptable appearance and fitness. I digress...). I am currently about 4 pints deep, this is my wheelhouse, I am only just getting rolling and starting to feel that tingling sensation in my facial region. The waitress is friendly and approaches our table to ask if we need another round:

Waitress: Hey guys, do you need another round?

Adam: I think I could use another few before we go.

Waitress: Laura(the bar tender) wants to know if the Bud Light tastes funny, one of the other customers was complaining about it.

Adam(borderline buzzed, definitely too buzzed to really appreciate the irony of the situation): Really? Um...I guess it might have been a little fish scaled, but I honestly didn't notice anything.

Waitress: He was saying that there was too much CO2 in our mix.

Adam(the irony has now dawned on him): CO2, this guy is drinking Bud Light and he has such a refined palate that he is complaining about CO2?

Adam's dad(much smarter than Adam and having figured the irony of the situation very early on): He's a real connoseiur(how do you spell that word, I've given up on the spell check) this fucking guy. He's having a Bud Light and complaining about how it tastes?

Waitress(Lughing out loud): Yeah, I kind of figured.

Adam: Can we meet this guy? He sounds pretty epic.

Waitress(speaking quietly): Oh, you don't want to meet this guy...

Adam: Fair enough.

5 minutes or so elapse, and the guy at the table next to ours stands up and walks out rather abruptly. Our waitress begins gesturing wildly at me, all while pointing at the gentleman walking out the door, she comes jogging up to our table...

Waitress: That was the guy who was complaining.

Adam: Do you think he heard us(more because I still wanted to meet the man who criticizes a Bud-fucking-light, than because I was worried about offending the man who criticizes a Bud-fucking-light)?

Waitress: Oh he heard us(notice the waitress has chosen to include herself the mockery of the aforementioned "tool". Laura(the bar tender)said to tell you guys: "amen".

Adam: To the father, the son, and the holy toast.

My adventures for the evening in merry ol' Woodland. Much love to all of you.

<3's All around, some more than others.

-Adam "aka Mags"
I tried a sip of a Bud light before, it was shit.
Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Martholorax
Sloshed
Sloshed
Martholorax

Bud Light? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bud Light?   Bud Light? EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 4:14 am

I don't drink beer. So it's all piss to me. Still a funny story though.
Back to top Go down
Dreydier
Proprietor
Proprietor
Dreydier

Bud Light? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bud Light?   Bud Light? EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 1:44 pm

martholorax wrote:

You stick to your Cosmos right Marth?
Back to top Go down
Martholorax
Sloshed
Sloshed
Martholorax

Bud Light? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bud Light?   Bud Light? EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 3:34 pm

Dreydier wrote:
martholorax wrote:

You stick to your Cosmos right Marth?

No no, long islands. Wink

But in all honesty i don't drink much. I don't like being drunk, only buzzed and hang overs remind me of migraines which i get all too often.
Back to top Go down
Ryz
Admin
Admin
Ryz

Bud Light? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bud Light?   Bud Light? EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 4:11 pm

Bud Light? Oh-god-where-am-i
Back to top Go down
https://moonkinbargrill.darkbb.com
Deadhades
Sloshed
Sloshed
Deadhades

Bud Light? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bud Light?   Bud Light? EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 6:08 pm

I think I approve more and more of the idea that Mags should carry a portable camera to film what goes around when Man meets Beer.

Concerning Bud Light, I also don't like beer, I like rum. For me, all beers I've tasted so far are pretty much the same so meh. But then again, there hasn't been a damn drink (anything, not just alcohol) I've tasted so far that has a light version and the light version always tastes like crap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bud Light? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bud Light?   Bud Light? Empty

Back to top Go down

Bud Light?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lonely Moonkin Bar & Grill :: Guests :: General Admission-
Jump to: