Lonely Moonkin Bar & Grill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two drink minimum: see the Shaman for details.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fallout3

Go down 
+5
Lethal
Mags
Martholorax
Deadhades
Ryz
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ryz
Admin
Admin
Ryz

Fallout3 Empty
PostSubject: Fallout3   Fallout3 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 4:20 am

Who else is playing it?
Back to top Go down
https://moonkinbargrill.darkbb.com
Deadhades
Sloshed
Sloshed
Deadhades

Fallout3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout3   Fallout3 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 10:12 am

I am.
Back to top Go down
Martholorax
Sloshed
Sloshed
Martholorax

Fallout3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout3   Fallout3 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 12:09 pm

when i get some monies >.>
Back to top Go down
Ryz
Admin
Admin
Ryz

Fallout3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout3   Fallout3 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 5:03 pm

I bought it via Steam. I know, Lethal nearly fainted too.

I can't wait to crank the settings up when I upgrade my system.
Back to top Go down
Mags
Orcish Car Bomb
Orcish Car Bomb
Mags

Fallout3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout3   Fallout3 EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 2:38 pm

Is it that good? Should I go out and buy it right now? I've been enjoying Fable 2, but the Fallout previews were making me drooly...
Back to top Go down
Ryz
Admin
Admin
Ryz

Fallout3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout3   Fallout3 EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 5:11 pm

It's really good.

The summary "Oblivion with guns" is semi true, but really doesn't do it justice.
Back to top Go down
Deadhades
Sloshed
Sloshed
Deadhades

Fallout3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout3   Fallout3 EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 7:50 pm

I love it so much more than Oblivion.

The scenery in which it takes place is just amazing. VATS adds a fun dimension to combat, and the cut scenes you get when you're about to overkill your enemy are great. Seeing a Super Mutant 50+ ft away, pulling your sniper rifle and following the bullet trajectory on a bullet-cam until the bullet blows the mob's head off doesn't get old.

Today I was doing a quest in which I had to find an item. When I reached the site, I found another person there on the same task. So I decided to join forces with the purpose of splitting the reward once the item was found. After we plowed through mutants and security robots, we finally got to the item. Just before heading back to turn it in I decided it was time to relieve our friend of its duties. So, I pulled my shotgun and blew his/her damn head off.

Fun times.
Back to top Go down
Ryz
Admin
Admin
Ryz

Fallout3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout3   Fallout3 EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 7:56 pm

Yeah, the good/evil choices can be pretty damn shocking in this game.

Mags could finally be the homicidal maniac he's always dreamed of being. >.>
Back to top Go down
Mags
Orcish Car Bomb
Orcish Car Bomb
Mags

Fallout3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout3   Fallout3 EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 8:03 pm

I went and bought it.
Back to top Go down
Deadhades
Sloshed
Sloshed
Deadhades

Fallout3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout3   Fallout3 EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 8:33 pm

Nice! Let me know how that goes.

Right now, I'm basically a professional double crossing contract killer.
Back to top Go down
Deadhades
Sloshed
Sloshed
Deadhades

Fallout3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout3   Fallout3 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 7:00 pm

Don't miss out on the chance to slip a live grenade when pickpocketing. /evil laugh
Back to top Go down
Martholorax
Sloshed
Sloshed
Martholorax

Fallout3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout3   Fallout3 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 1:24 am

I'm playing the knight in shining armor type of character. I've got a Paladin from the Brotherhood following me around. Best part is she gets hit by a deathclaw and doesn't even blink. I love all of the side stories. sooooo much fun. So I've run into the human in the from the radio drama, but he says to look for his ghoul former body guard, whom i haven't run into yet, anyone know where he is? His name is Argyle or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Deadhades
Sloshed
Sloshed
Deadhades

Fallout3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout3   Fallout3 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 7:45 pm

I haven't found him, but he also didn't give me a quest and won't ever get the chance to breathe again since I chose to help the ghouls on that particular endeavor.

As far as a sidekick goes, I had a ghoul following me around but he met his demise due to being a stupid asshat with a rifle running right smack into a group of super mutants.
Back to top Go down
Lethal
Stone Cold Sober
Stone Cold Sober
Lethal

Fallout3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout3   Fallout3 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 8:47 pm

Okay, I love Fallout 3. I will admit it. I've already played through once, and a second play through has already begun.

That said.

LEFT 4 DEAD
Back to top Go down
Ryz
Admin
Admin
Ryz

Fallout3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout3   Fallout3 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 1:59 pm

I turned Lethal into a Valve fanboy. /tear
Back to top Go down
Vitalic
Stone Cold Sober
Stone Cold Sober

Fallout3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout3   Fallout3 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 2:22 pm

oh ehm gee hai! resurrecting a dead thread ftw

I turned to Fallout 3 to help me kick the WoW addiction.... it worked! Reminded me what truly immersive gaming is like. There's nothing like stepping out of the vault for the first time, blinded by the light, and having the scorched landscape of the Wasteland slowing come into focus. Damn those first 2 days or so of gameplay were like no other.

I found the radio hero guy also, was reading online and supposedly his old Ghoul buddy is in some big town I've never found... Rock something or other (didn't want to read any more, don't like to spoil it too much). Its nice to know that theres an entire quest hub that I've never even seen. Only looked because I was trying to figure out a way to resolve the Tenpenny Tower problem without resorting to letting feral ghouls massacre the residents... I kind of reduced my options with that quest... see, when Allister Tenpenny told me that he was the guy who plotted to blow up Megaton, I shot him in the head with a shotgun w/o hesitation (yes maybe the fact that I wanted his sniper rifle had something to do with it Evil or Very Mad )

silliest item found so far = Abraham Lincoln Action Figure.
Back to top Go down
Dreydier
Proprietor
Proprietor
Dreydier

Fallout3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout3   Fallout3 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 2:37 pm

omg vitalic lives! Isn't it nice to be playing a game cause you've enjoyed it and not because you've just happened to have put a lot of time into it and hoping it'll get better? Yea.....
Back to top Go down
Vitalic
Stone Cold Sober
Stone Cold Sober

Fallout3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout3   Fallout3 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 2:49 pm

lol yeah that was a factor... I found myself reading mmo-champion and scouring bluetracker for news of improvements for shamans more than I was actually playing the game. I Accumulated gold for absolutely no reason. It took all of an hour to completely master the elemental shaman in raiding situations. Do you know how I spent that hour? Learning hot to use AutoHotKey to mash my buttons for me so I didn't get carpal tunnel syndrome.

By the end, I was playing more out of a sense of obligation than anything else.

Its hard to give it up though. Raiding can be fun and it'll be really hard to not see Ulduar. It'll also be realllly hard to not play when the elemental buffs finally go through.

But it is pretty damned nice to simply be able to sit down when you have some free time and explore a bizzarre and dangerous world as opposed to having a set scheduled time during which you have to sit and hold down keys in a predetermined sequence for four hours... I could *feel* my brain whithering away.

You know what else is nice about Fallout 3? Its actually a role playing game... i.e. you are presented with moral dilemmas and must make choices that affect the world in an irreversable manner. (I loved it so much that I actually loaded up the original Fallout and played it for quite awhile, still a damned fine game, really identical to fallout 3 minus the fancy graphics and a managable inventory system).

p.s. if not for you and ryz and pol I would've probably quit back when we finished BT. Damn you guys for being fun to hang out with!
Back to top Go down
Ryz
Admin
Admin
Ryz

Fallout3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout3   Fallout3 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 3:25 pm

Hi Vitalic! The voices are still telling me to do shots of 151 with Coldheals during raids, but I'm hoping it'll fade into simply rum and coke eventually. I'mma gettin' old after all.

I still loves me some Fallout3. I haven't spent much time on it since I got my PC tricked out, but I did get outside the Vault for the first time....and as impressive as the first shot of the Wastelands was before, this time was pretty amazing. I can't wait to replay it as an evil, sick fuck with shiny new graphics to match. /glee

But you know what this means, right Vitalic? Starcraft 2/Diablo 3 purchasing in order to enjoy drunk Ryz/Pol/Drey yelling incoherently at each other during matches and dungeon crawls. Yup.
Back to top Go down
Dreydier
Proprietor
Proprietor
Dreydier

Fallout3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout3   Fallout3 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 3:33 pm

Autohotkey lol I've been using that since BT. It just adds to the already mindless sense I get from the game. But there are points when I do enjoy it, raiding hasn't been it. It's been doing strange achivements and such with friends. ie Occulus run with Dimmn, Ryz, Cel and Cent where we were doing the fight with all bronze drakes.

Raiding is a joke, pvp is fubar, and I just got my new pc and can finally play a decent game. How bad was my last pc? The hard drive was incompatible with my new motherboard.

I'd be more than willing to play some wc3 or sc some night, or we can find a different game on steam.\

--I am mad that you left us with Thazar, who is still a 3rd degree ele sham--
Back to top Go down
Vitalic
Stone Cold Sober
Stone Cold Sober

Fallout3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout3   Fallout3 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 3:59 pm

lol yeah drey thats another thing that fought against my quitting... no replacement at all. elemental shamans are absolutely terrible by and large. I mean fuck how hard is it to stack spellpower and mash your buttons? Thazar still uses Lightning Capacitor from Karazhan /facepalm... no, /soulpalm. Thazar is a good posterchild for the majority of boneheads who still play elemental though. Man when the new patch comes the pendulum is gonna swing the other way though I guarantee. IF I STILL PLAYED I would be near topping damage meters on most fights.

Diablo 3 dungeoncrawling sounds fun, especially with the aid of mixed drinks. RTS games have always frustrated me though... I kind of got into Warhammer 40K for a little while playing the Imperials (?), dudes that rely on bunkers and gun emplacements and stuff. Nothing as satisfying as watching my machine gun emplacement mow down enemies. Damned complicated stuff tho.

I'll figure out how to use Steam in the meantime, been ages since I used it. Maybe even get a cheap wc3 and learn to play again (did play that a lonnnnngggg time ago). Have u guys ever played Team Fortress? I heard that was pretty ballin (yeah i said ballin, what).

Battlegrounds were always my favorite part of WoW hands down. Thats been going really downhill for the last year or so, really ever since they released EoTS and dumbed down AV. These days 60% of the games are determined by which side happens to start with half as many players as the other (theres too many battlegrounds to queue for and no penalties for ignoring your queue). I'm really hoping that Blizz makes a spin off of WoW thats focused around Battleground scenarios. Ideal game IMO.

lol yeah Ryz I might do a third playthrough as an evil character.... might. At least to see how far I can get killing everybody I meet and to blow up Megaton, even get a suite in Tenpenny Tower. Did you hear that they've got a bunch of expansions planned?! LIKE OMG HEAVEN. One for this month that puts you into the past, in the battle for Alaska. Some others that are more vague, one for each month.
Back to top Go down
Dreydier
Proprietor
Proprietor
Dreydier

Fallout3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout3   Fallout3 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 4:30 pm

It's the same exact thing as 90% of the balance players, some of which are in our guild. For the gear I've seen some people have, they're putting out pitiful numbers.

I think a good fps would be ideal for all of us to play. Be it tfc or what not. Ya'll can decide and then I'll go get it. However I'm not a very twitchy player and still use a shitty mouse despite all my other upgrades. I'm a bigger rts player, still have wc3/tft laying around and could easily go pick up any others you guys might want to play.

In other words, let's do this!
Back to top Go down
Spazalus
Tanked
Tanked
Spazalus

Fallout3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout3   Fallout3 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 12:17 am

Ryz wrote:

But you know what this means, right Vitalic? Starcraft 2/Diablo 3 purchasing in order to enjoy drunk Ryz/Pol/Drey yelling incoherently at each other during matches and dungeon crawls. Yup.

Wtf. I swear to god I am going to be playing SC2 and D3 more than any of you. Don't forget about Azalus!!! I'll be there to yell incoherently while I'm sober!
I haven't had a good game to play in months...
And my 360 got three rings of death so playing anything on that is impossible right now.
Back to top Go down
Ryz
Admin
Admin
Ryz

Fallout3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout3   Fallout3 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 6:27 am

Who the fuck is that Azalus guy?

(j/k, <3 Az)
Back to top Go down
Dreydier